GP practices, community health teams, mental health, social care, pharmacies, hospitals, and voluntary services work together to care for the people in their primary care network (PCN) area.
Adopting this integrated care approach takes a lot of hard work but it means patients can access all of the services available to them in a co-ordinated way.
As PCNs plan how these integrated teams will succeed to secure support and build relationships, Leeds GP Confederation is expertly positioned to help you do just that.
Each Leeds PCN has access to a dedicated PCN development lead and manager to guide you through the twists and challenges of becoming a successful PCN. Removing the guesswork and leaving you to get on with the work you do best.
Below is a menu of services that Leeds GP Confederations provides local networks to support the delivery of network contract agreements. These are by no means exhaustive but give you a flavour of what we can deliver and how we can develop your network:
What we can deliver
- Facilitate your Board meetings and PCN leadership discussions
- Data and business intelligence
- Critical friend for refining your projects and services
- Guidance for local implementation of PCN DES requirements and objectives
- Pastoral support for PCN leadership team
- Support to achieve key quality improvements such as QOF; IIF or local QIS
- Workforce support
- Representation at partners and system-level meetings
- Shaping service delivery
- Expert resource to resolve questions and queries quickly