One Day Essential Conference – Learning Disabilities
One Day Essentials is a series of one-day online conferences – broadcast live – providing expert specialist clinical training and essential information.
Join on Wednesday 28 February 2024 for a One Day Essential conference on the medical needs of our patients with a learning disability.
The national learning disability mortality review programme ‘learning from lives and deaths – LeDeR’ has shone a light on the huge health inequalities experienced by this population. This course will cover a variety of topics aiming to help GPs support the health needs and complexity of their patients with a learning disability.
- To develop an understanding of the health inequalities revealed by the learning disability mortality review programme LeDeR.
- To include further reviews of some of the clinical causes of premature death and health inequality as well as other contributing factors, in particular that experienced by people with a learning disability from minority ethnic groups.
- To provide guidance to GPs on methods to improve clinical outcomes for this group in primary care, including the need to make adjustments to how care is provided
- To demonstrate these issues using case discussion and hearing the voices of people with a learning disability and their families
- To consider how best to raise the question of advance care planning for people with a learning disability
To book this workshop please follow the link: https://rcgp.my.site.com/s/lt-event?id=a1U1i00000Dh23TEAR&site=a0d1i00000aKQbhAAG
Learning & Development Opportunity
Please note that this event is not managed by Leeds GP Confederation. Please follow the above instructions to register for this event and do not submit a registration form on this webpage.
Any registration forms submitted via Leeds GP Confederation’s Training, Learning & Development page will be dismissed.