Basic Life Support Training
Basic Life Support (BLS) training is available to both clinical and non-clinical staff within Leeds GP Practices. This training is designed to provide staff with a clear understanding of how to identify anaphylaxis and immediate BLS management.
Each session will have a max of twelve delegates which can be booked for a team or for individuals. The cost of the course is discounted to £45 per person and further discounts are available for group bookings.
The training will be delivered by our qualified Advanced Nurse Practitioner specialising in Adult & Paediatric BLS, use of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs), Choking & Anaphylaxis training. The Advanced Nurse Practitioner will monitor and assess delegates to ensure that their competencies are in line with the required standards of the new Resuscitation Guidelines 2021.
On completion of the training delegates will:
- Be able to recognise and respond to choking and severe breathing difficulties, including anaphylaxis or cardiac arrest.
- Know how cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is performed.
- Understand how to place someone in the recovery position.
- Understand the role of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) as well as how to locate and use one.
- Know the adaptations required for paediatric and infant basic life support.
Should you have any queries please contact us at [email protected]
Cancellations & Non Attendance
We request a minimum of two weeks’ notice to cancel your place on the course.
If you need to cancel your place at short notice, please contact [email protected] as soon as you can so that we can inform the trainer and amend venues etc as required.
Where training is offered on a fully funded basis non-attendance or appropriate notice of non-attendance will result in your practice being charged for the place.